Y’all should know by now that I can’t resist a TBR list – mine or anybody else’s. So I had to get in on this week’s Top Ten Tuesday theme, hosted by The Broke and Bookish, which is Top Ten Books on Your Fall TBR. My Fall TBR is the same as my Winter, Spring, and Summer TBR. It’s just one massive Goodreads list of 500+ titles that I add to and delete from constantly. But these are the books that I’m most likely to read before the end of 2016.
- White is for Witching by Helen Oyeyemi. For my first ever R.I.P. Challenge!
- The Sundial by Shirley Jackson. Also for the R.I.P. Challenge. I intend to eventually read everything Shirley Jackson has written. This will be my fourth.
- The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead. I am SO READY for this one.
- The rest of Lab Girl by Hope Jahren. I started reading this in July, got halfway through, and had to turn in back in to the library because it had holds on it. It STILL has holds on it, but I’m reading it now and I’m confident I’ll finish it this time.
- Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew’d by Alan Bradley. This just came in for me at the library this week. This is a fun, light mystery series.
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. I own it and I have heard NOTHING but good things about it.
- Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler. This book has a New York City foodie setting, two things I like. Who knows, I may hate this, but I’m going to give it a try.
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. My book group is reading it for this month!
- Modern Lovers by Emma Straub. I really enjoyed her last novel, The Vacationers, and I have high hopes for this one.
- Born to Run by Bruce Springsteen. I am one of the biggest Boss fans you’ll ever meet. He and his music are everything to me. I pre-ordered this the day I heard it was coming out. My copy is heading to me through the mail as I write!
Have you read any of these? What’s something you’ll be reading in the next couple of months?