I’ve been meaning to participate in Rebecca Foster’s (Bookish Beck) Library Checkout meme for a couple of months now and I finally remembered and got my act together enough to put together a post before the end of the month! Yes! She’s skipping this month due to travels but if you’ve never checked out her blog before please do so for some insightful and varied reviews (such a voracious reader.) Note: I’m only highlighting books checked out for me in this post. At any given time I have about 15 books checked out for my son in various states of being read!
LIBRARY BOOKS READ:
- The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths (Ruth Galloway mystery #2) ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women by Kate Moore ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Just Cook It!: 145 Built-to-be-Easy Recipes That Are Totally Delicious by Justin Chapple
- The Bird’s Nest by Shirley Jackson (I’m about 70 pages from finishing – boy, it’s nuts!)
- The Book of Self-Care: Remedies For Healing Mind, Body, and Soul by Mary Beth Janssen (I’m pretty much skimming this one too.)
CHECKED OUT, TO BE READ:
- An Extraordinary Union by Alyssa Cole
- The Cooking Gene: A Journey Through African American Culinary History in the Old South by Michael Twitty
- Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel Jodie Older (Shadowshaper series #2)
IN THE HOLDS QUEUE:
- Barracoon by Zora Neale Hurston
- There There by Tommy Orange
- Yes We (Still) Can: Politics in the Age of Obama, Twitter, and Trump by Dan Pfeiffer
- The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life And Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton
- The Word is Murder by Anthony Horowitz
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
- Dear Mrs. Bird by A.J. Pearce
RETURNED UNREAD: None.
Anything from my list appeal to you, or have you read any of these? What have you checked out lately from your local library?