Hello friends. I hope those of you who have been celebrating Thanksgiving have had a great few days. I’m delighted to write that it’s time for another Classics Club Spin! Here are the “rules:”
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty CHUNKSTER books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Tuesday 27th November.
- We’ll announce a number from 1-20.
- Read that book by 31st January 2019.
Um, did they say “CHUNKSTER?” Gulp. When I looked at my list I noticed that I do have quite a few chunksters I haven’t even touched yet. Because I’m a wimp, my spin list is half 500+ page tomes, half “fun size” literary masterpieces (bigger books in bold type.)
- Go Tell it on the Mountain – James Baldwin
- Tenant of Wildfell Hall – Anne Brontë
- The Master and Margarita – Mikhail Bulgakov
- A Study in Scarlet – Arthur Conan Doyle
- My Cousin Rachel – Daphne du Maurier
- Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
- The Count of Monte Cristo – Alexandre Dumas
- Adam Bede – George Eliot
- Invisible Man – Ralph Ellison
- North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell
- Cold Comfort Farm – Stella Gibbons
- The Thin Man – Dashiell Hammett
- The Blue Castle – L.M. Montgomery
- Less Than Angels – Barbara Pym
- Ceremony – Leslie Marmon Silko
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- The Warden – Anthony Trollope
- Brideshead Revisited – Evelyn Waugh
- The Island of Dr. Moreau – H.G. Wells
- Native Son – Richard Wright
What from my list have you read? I’ll post the result next week.