I love that Cathy keeps the rules for her annual challenge on the loose side; it fits my Mood Reader personality. And as an mentioned in my last post, I’m back to work, so my reading time is definitely cut short. In fact, since the last time I posted, I’ve read only 100 pages of Barbara Pym’s Excellent Women – all week! My brain feels like oatmeal with all the new procedures and spatial configurations that our library is enacting in the name of safety. On my work breaks, when I would normally read, I’m watching episodes of Bosch on my phone.
But I’m gonna trust that eventually I will get back on track, so I’m putting out my 20 Books of Summer list. I have fifteen hard copies on hand right now, and I’m gonna leave my last five books open, so I can choose some at whim. (I do have a list of options made, of course!) I’m fairly certain one of my extra five will be Michael Connelly’s latest book, Fair Warning, which is not a Bosch book but is about reporter Jack McEvoy instead.
Here we go.
- The Secret Adversary – Agatha Christie
- Poirot Investigate – Agatha Christie
- Weather -Jenny Offill
- Quartet in Autumn-Barbara Pym
- The Right Swipe – Alisha Rai
- A Murder is Announced – Agatha Christie
- The Blue Castle – L.M. Montgomery
- The Reckoning – Jane Casey
- Swimming Lessons – Claire Fuller
- How to Be An Antiracist – Ibram X. Kendi
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd – Agatha Christie
- The Chalk Pit – Elly Griffiths
- New Waves – Kevin Nguyen
- The Blackhouse – Peter May
- A Dark and Twisted Tide – Sharon Bolton
I have some romances on my TBR but just don’t have physical copies of them so I will probably choose many of those to round out the list. I’d like to read The Bromance Book Club, A Hope Divided, The Unhoneymooners, and Get A Life, Chloe Brown.
Since the aim of this challenge is to clear a bunch of books from your TBR, then I will win no matter how many of these I actually finish. Good luck with your list if you’re participating, and let me know if you’ve read any of the books I’ve listed. Have a good weekend and Happy Reading!