I’m still playing catch-up from May, where my blogging zest seemed to have left me. Thankfully it has returned and once again I’m taking part in Cathy’s annual 20 Books of Summer challenge. This time I’m once again going for 20 books, despite not completing my list either year I’ve participated. I guess I just look at the number 20 as more of a suggestion than a rule, ha ha! I’m not worried about whether or not I finish all of them, mostly I just want to get some books crossed off my TBR list and enjoy myself!
Here is my list:
- Last Night in Montreal – Emily St. John Mandel
- Shadowshaper – D.J. Older
- The Crossing Places – Elly Griffiths
- Little Fires Everywhere – Celest Ng
- The Fire This Time: A New Generation Speaks About Race – edited by Jessmyn Ward (my book group’s pick for June)
- The Power – Naomi Alderman
- The Radium Girls – Kate Moore
- The Enchanted April – Elizabeth Von Arnim (a Classics Club list choice)
- CivilWarLand in Bad Decline – George Saunders
- The Bird’s Nest – Shirley Jackson (Classics Club)
- Ongoingness: The End of a Diary – Sarah Manguso
- Wizard and Glass (Dark Tower #4) – Stephen King (I abandoned this in the spring because it’s huge and it had library holds on it. I’m determined to get it again and finish it!)
- Giovanni’s Room – James Baldwin (Classics Club)
- Dear Martin – Nic Stone
- Binti– Nnedi Okorafor
READER’S CHOICEThe Janus Stone (Ruth Galloway #2) – Elly Griffiths READER’S CHOICEKitchens of the Great Midwest – J. Ryan Stradal READER’S CHOICEGather Together in My Name – Maya Angelou
- July Book Group Pick: The Best We Could Do – Thi Bui
- August Book Group Pick: The First Bad Man – Miranda July
The last five open slots on the list give me the flexibility I need as a mood reader. Plus, I’m a good book group member and almost always read the book, whatever it may be.
Have you read any of my picks, or are any of them on your TBR lists?