I love this library usage meme that Bookish Beck hosts each month. Do check out her blog here.
Books Read: Because I’ve been reading my OWN BOOKS (yay!) – Lethal White, The Lottery and Other Stories, and Transcription – I’ve only read a few library books this month.
- Barracoon: The Story of the Last “Black Cargo” by Zora Neal Hurston. ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- Babymouse: Queen of the World by Jennifer Holm & Matthew Holm (juvenile graphic novel) ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- A Different Pond by Bao Phi (a semi-biographical picture book I read with my son – terribly moving, about an first-generation little Vietnamese boy and his immigrant father and beautifully illustrated.) ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
- I Contain Multitudes:The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life by Ed Yong (library digital audiobook – I’m at 63% and my loan expires today so I have to get it again – I may try to finish it in paper form. Very interesting!)
- When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice For Difficult Times by Pema Chödrön
- Biblical Literacy: The Essential Bible Stories Everyone Needs to Know by Timothy Beal
Checked Out, To Be Read:
- There There by Tommy Orange
- The House at Sea’s End – Elly Griffith
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway– Ruth Ware
In the Holds Queue: (Besides 7 books still on hold from my August list – I’ve been suspending the holds for a while!)
- Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver
- Dark Sacred Night by Michael Connelly
- Daring to Lead by Brene Brown
Cookbooks: (I’m adding this category because I don’t feel like they really fit in well with the other kinds of books I check out regularly – I don’t read them from cover to cover.)
- Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines (I made the Cinnamon Squares and they were AMAZING!)
- Debbie Macomber’s Table by Debbie Macomber ( I made the Lemon Shortbread Streusel Bars – also delicious, picture below!)
Anything from my list appeal to you? What have you checked out recently from your library?